Based in Geneva, Switzerland
Oniri Islands is a co-op adventure game for two players. You play two kids lost on a mysterious island, searching for your shadows. You will find animal masks giving you magical powers to survive. Mina and Tim, the heroes, are two smart toys that come to life on your tablet. Move them on the screen to explore the fabulous world of Oniri Islands! Oniri is made for adventure game lovers from 6 years old and up! The game was successfully funded by a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter in April 2017, 352 backers pledged more than CHF 30K.
The scenario is an original story inspired by the Lost boys from Peter Pan (JM Barrie) written for adults and kids. We also took our inspiration from The Lord of the Flies (William Golding) and Ronia, the Robber’s Daughter (Astrid Lindgren). Our universe is written by David Calvo, former narrative designer at Ankama and writer of novels and short stories. The twins Mina and Tim are led by a mysterious song into Oniri, a magic river that connects universes. Stranded on an island, they soon realize that their shadows are gone, preventing them from leaving this strange place... They are rescued by a shark and a falcon, who give each of the kids a Mask. Masks that grant them a new shadow... and magical powers: swim like a shark and fly like a falcon! As they explore the island, Tim and Mina will discover new masks and new powers, guarded by lost tribes. They will soon realize something, or someone, stole all the children’s shadows...
- Play a tablet game with real toys!
- Beautiful and highly crafted toys to play with.
- 5 animal masks for your toys to wear!
- A collaborative game to share and enjoy together like a boardgame
- A poetic universe that children, as well as parents, will love to explore together
- A gorgeous minimalistic look, poetic and colorful.
- A charming original soundtrack conveying all the poetry and wonder within the scenario.
Oniri Islands Teaser YouTube
Oniri Islands Kickstarter Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Oniri Islands, Children of the River. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Video Game Contest Selection" Magic Ip, Monaco Festival, 2017
- "International Competition Selection" Ludicious, Zurich game Festival, 2017
- "Indie Arena Booth Selection" Gamescom, 2016
- "Call for design project 2014 by Pro Helvetia, an important cultural ambassador in Switzerland that gave us a grant for the project." Geneva, 2014
About Tourmaline Studio
Tourmaline is a Geneva based interactive studio crafting new kinds of games. Blending tangible and digital realms. Today video games are not only played on one screen as well as the gamepad is not the only way to interact with the game anymore. We believe some of the greatest innovation in games will come from the combination of the warmth and tactile touch provided by physical design with the various interactive possibilities given by new technologies and digital content. Our goal is to create innovative and memorable gaming experiences.
More information on Tourmaline Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Oniri Islands, Children of the River Credits
Producer, Creative director
Producer, Game Designer
Game programmer, VFX
Game Artist 2D/3D
Illustrator, Storyboard artist
1st Concept Arts / Figurine concept designs